Mongolian brief history
History milestones Mongolia
History of the warriors started 750 years ago, which has been divided into 8 distinct eras by Mongolian historians:
1. Clan Structure: This generation covers the time of from when the first men lived on the current land of the Mongols until the 3rd Century BC.
2. Ancient Empires of the Mongols: The First Mongol and the first nomadic empire of Khunnu was established 209 BC on the vast lands of Central Asia for the first time and continues up to the 13th Century AD.
3. Great Mongolian Empire and Mongol Empire: 13th & 14th Century
4. Political Splitting of the Empire: 15th Century to the 17th Century
5. Colony of Manchu Qing: 18th & 19th Century
6. The Authonomy of Mongolia: 1911-1919
7. The Communist Revolution and the communist regime: 1921-1990
8. Democratic Revolution and the Democratic political system: 1990 to the present
The Mongols/Mongolians/ first appeared to make a history in BC III century,when Huns become powerful in the Central Asia and then headed to Europe to harass the Romanian Empire until it lost its strength of dominating then Europe. Later Mongols gained their big fame in the 13th century when under Chinggis Khaan’s leadership they conquered a huge Eurasian empire. After his death the empire was divided into several powerful Mongol states,but these broke apart in the 14th century. The Mongols eventually retired to their original steppe homelands and succumbed to the Chinese colony for almost 200 years. Mongolia won its independence in 1921 with Soviet backing. A Communist regime dominated 70 years until Soviet Union fell apart and then Mongolia embarked on a path to build democracy in 1990. Since then Mongolia is undergoing transition from the centrally planned economy towards market-based free economy.